Palms can tell us a lot about our lives. And one of the most significant areas they can predict is our love life. Don’t have time for a full palm reading, or want to understand more about a friend or partner? Here’s how to read the signs of love on your palm.
How to read your own palm for love
It’s worth noting that reading your own palm isn’t the same as visiting an experienced palmistry professional. But if you’re just curious, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Identify your dominant hand – that’s the hand you write and do most activities with.
- Lay it out on a flat surface in front of you and make sure you’ve got plenty of natural light.
- Find your heart line. It runs from the outer edge, under your little finger, across the upper portion of the palm.
Important signs on your heart line
You can tell a lot about matters of the heart just from this little line. Here are some of the most common signs you’ll notice on your heart line:
- The higher your heart line is, the more passionate and jealous you’re likely to be. If yours sits just below your fingers, watch out for that jealous streak – it has the power to bring new connections to an abrupt end.
- If your heart line extends almost or completely to the other side of the palm, you’re always in emotional control. You may be the sort of person that struggles to open up and dislike not knowing where you stand romantically.
- Got a heart line that curves up towards your index (Jupiter) finger? Good news. You’re more likely to be affectionate, warm and level-headed in your relationships.
- A crossed heart line can be a sign that you’ve got a few heartbreaks in your future. But don’t let it get you down – temporary pain could lead you to the love of your life.
There are two other parts of the palm that relate to love – the affection lines, which can be found on the side of your hand just under your little finger, and your Mount of Venus. One or two affection lines show you’re going to have fewer, long-lasting relationships, while many indicate an unsettled romantic future. And the larger your Mount of Venus (the spongy bit of flesh next to your thumb), the more of a pleasure seeker you are!
How to read someone else’s palm
The process of reading someone else’s palm is very simple. All you’ll need to do is ask for their dominant hand and follow the process above. It’s a great way to break the ice and find out more about a potential love connection – but don’t let their palm put you off. After all, we are the masters of our own destiny…